We hope that, in these unprecedented times, you and your household and colleagues are doing well. In light of recent events, we want to outline what measures we’ve implemented in order to ensure that we are operating and safely providing a safe service to everyone in our contact circle.
In their latest publication, The British Government has stated that a “tradesperson carrying out essential repairs and maintenance in people’s homes, or carrying out other work in a home such as cleaning” is allowed to work, providing that they, or those they seek to service, have no symptoms.
Below, we’ve highlighted some key points covering how we will do that. We’ve also explained what measures we’re adopting to keep all of the Helpers, Managers and clients safe.
We’ve divided this page into 3 sections with the acronym PPE, we thought that might be easy to remember at this time.
People Planet Economy
The physical and mental health and well-being of everyone in our community is our highest priority. To ensure this is happening, we are monitoring and following government guidelines and other industry specialists’ advice to make the safety of our people the highest priority when delivering ay service.
Helpers and Staff Team
- Will all undertake a CPD verified Infections Control qualification
- Will be regularly consulted about their health and well being
- Will take their temperature and check for coughs each morning before leaving for work and will report any abnormalities. If their temperature is high or a persistent cough is present, they will not go to work. We will arrange for a substitute Helper to attend.
- Any Helper returning from abroad will be quarantined for 14 days
- Will be equipped with appropriate PPE equipment where necessary. See here for the most up to date government guidelines.
- Regular company wide briefings will be conducted should there be any relevant change in government Covid-19 legislation
- Will maintain a minimum of 2 meters social distance from anyone they come into contact with outside of their immediate household. We would still love you to exchange smiles with us though.
- Will properly ventilate any room they are working in
- Will carry anti-bacterial hand rub and use that once they have exited their mode of transport
- On entering your home will wash their hands with soap and water using the recommended technique for a minimum of 20 seconds
- Will remove their shoes on entry to your home and disinfect them, leaving them near to your front door
- Will wash and disinfect their work clothes at the end of each working day.
- There will be no team awards event, summer picnic or other company wide social gatherings until it is deemed safe to gather in larger groups.
- All office-based staff will continue to work remotely until social distancing rules are eased.
- All team meetings will happen virtually
- No management site inspections will happen until social distancing rules are eased
- We are asking every client to firstly confirm that they are safe to have a clean, i.e. are not under any Covid-19 measures.
- Each client will check for a temperature and persistent cough on their cleaning day
- Will not be provided a cleaning service where an individual is being ‘shielded’ or has symptoms of Covid-19
- Will be advised on the best equipment and cleaning products to stock in their offices and homes.
- All new prices will now allow a Helper to take 4 weeks leave of absence during the year.
- We will do our best to avoid using disposable plastic PPE equipment where possible. Sourcing best practice reusable/rewashable items if needed and where possible.
- We will always give recommendations of tested-by-us eco-friendly cleaning products and solutions
- We want to recognise the efforts of the keyworkers in our community and will be offering a ‘key-workers rate for life rate’ because a keyworker is for life, not just a crisis! Please ask our enquiries team about this if you are a keyworker. And… Thank-you!
- All payments will now be via Direct Debit to avoid us handling any cash or cheque payments.
- For every hour of cleaning that is purchased, Just Helpers will make a donation to a B1G1 project with special focus on vulnerable individuals and our planet
- Where are you getting your advice from?
- Do I need specialist equipment or a ‘special’ clean if we have had Covid-19 in our home and are past the quarantine period?
- Government guidelines say that a thorough clean with household antibacterial agent, paying particular attention to high touch areas will be more than sufficient. This means business as usual for us at Just Helpers.
- I have a slight temperature, will my Helper still be able to come?
- In order to protect you, your Helper and the other people they come into contact with, we would advise that you monitor your temperature for 48 hours to see if it is sustained, or any other symptoms of Covid-19 appear. After this, we would advise you seek medical advice, if you are given the all-clear, we will work with you and your Helper to make an appointment at the earliest opportunity.
- Who can take advantage of the Keyworker discount?
- We want to be as generous as possible with this definition. This discount will only affect the agency part of the fee and not the Helpers, as we believe they are key workers too. In our mind, we would especially love the following to take advantage of this discount; Nurses, Doctors and other frontline healthcare professionals, any First Responders, Teachers, Supermarket frontline staff, delivery drivers. If you are not on the list, please do chat it through with our enquiries team.